Did you know that a minimum of 15 minutes of sunlight exposure can improve both your physical and mental health?
Not only does exposure to sunshine generate the production of much needed Vitamin D in our skin, it also has a direct association with the production and regulation of serotonin, one of our “happy” neurochemicals.\
Here are but a few ways in which taking a walk on a sunny day or basking in the sun can promote your emotional and relational health during a Shelter in Place:
– Fosters positive social engagement ☀
– Has a calming effect – Relaxation ☀
– Increases focus ☀
– Increases helping behaviors ☀
– Elevates mood – Combating anxiety and depression ☀
– Improves sleep cycle – Getting a better night’s rest ☀
– And strengthens the immune system ☀
It may be raining where you are today, but how will you be getting your sunshine this week? Let me know in the comments below!